GO TO BACK TO BOOK CASE
GO TO SITE INDEX
GO TO REXX TUTOR
GO TO COURSE BOOKING FORM
Computer Training Courses
An Introduction to REXX Programming
Many computer languages have come and gone in my life, but REXX has
stayed. Firstly, because I like it, in his book, Michael Cowlishaw
says he developed it for programmers and not computers and that
sums it up really. The other main reason why it has stuck, is because the
two systems I use grow-up with are MVS - (IBM main frame platform)
and my Amiga (the lost PC)! What have they in common? I am sure you can guess.
On MVS I am playing with CA-7 or fixing its problems with in REXX, at home, I am generating and printing
CA-7 training material.
After many years it occurred to me in 1996 that I might as well do training in
REXX, as well as CA-7 and this is something I do very regularly now.
Kyla Computing has a 3 REXX Perl training course.
It has been designed for anybody Operations staff who get involved in basic Operations analyst functions,
either reads others REXX programs or needing to manipulate data with a simple programming language.
* After the course a student should be able to
understand standard REXX syntax and coding rules.
* S/he will understand how to build REXX programs to read, process and write MVS files
* The course includes principles of good programming and good coding standards.
* An understanding of standard MVS
will be of benefit to a student.
* A student does not need any previous experience
of any programming language.
The course contains details on the following area:
- Basic REXX syntax
- Standard Numeric Operations and function
- Variable types
- Decision processing syntax and facilities
- String functions
- Loop features
- User subroutines/functions